In recent years, shopping enthusiasts have become more interested in using manufacturer coupons. There is no need to pay extra when manufacturer coupons can help one get a lower price for the same product. However, it is indeed an art to make the best use of these coupons for some really impressive money saving.
The best places to find manufactures’ coupons:
- Online: More than just doing a basic web search, go to shopping sites and forums about the products of interest. See more tips at online coupons.
- Print media: Newspapers and magazines
- Junk and direct mail: Lots of these come on the mail and many more will if the manufacture is contacted.
- Store mailings and shelves: Getting loyalty cards will also bring coupons in the mail, and many great coupons can be found on shelves in stores.
- With products: Great coupons can often be found in boxes or on the products purchased.
- Email and newsletters: Sign up with different coupon sites with a dedicated email address for coupons. Both printable coupons and coupon codes will be delivered directly.
Organize the coupons
The manufacturer coupons obtained from all possible sources must be organized based on their expiration date. This will help one in taking advantage of the coupons at the right time and before they expire. It is also a good idea to note down the expiration dates of different coupons in proper order in the personal diary or on a calendar.
Evaluate the need for each coupon
People may obtain coupons that offer a discount on a product that is not required by them. It is simply a waste of money to buy a product that is not required just to take advantage of the discount. One can offer such manufacturer coupons to a friend or neighbor who actually needs that particular product. This also encourages the recipient to return the favor in the future, and this triggers the process of sharing different coupons.
Do some comparisons
Comparison between the actual price of the product and the price that one obtains after using the manufacturer coupon is also important. This calls for very simple mathematics and can help one make the best of what the coupon offers. One may also find the same product from some other brand at price lower than even the price calculated after the discount offered by a coupon. All these things must be carefully assessed to ensure that these coupons actually contribute to budget shopping.
Some other tips
- Some stores may double or triple the discount offered by coupons, so it is better to shop from such stores.
- There are stores that allow one to combine two coupons for better discounts so that more money can be saved by visiting them.
- Read the terms and conditions of using the coupon carefully to ensure that all eligibility conditions are met.
- One must not hesitate to call the helpline of the manufacturer to find answers to any queries related to the coupons.
Saving a few dollars on each coupon can contribute to big monthly savings. One must employ all these tips to use manufacturer coupons well and to keep the shopping budget below the designated limits.