Over the past three years I have been asked many times about the best ways to make money online. Now if you ‘Google’ how to make money online, you’ll be met with millions of results that all promise to make you rich within a few months (some even overnight)… NONE of these are real.
The Internet is just like real life, there are two basic ways to make money: the first is by investment; and the second is good old fashioned hard work.
So if you are interested in making money online by actually working for it, then hopefully I’ll be able to help you. If you’re looking to become a millionaire over night, then I have a few emails I can send onto you that I received from some Nigerian prince who will be happy to use your bank account in exchange for a few million dollars.
In the meantime, here’s a list of some of the resources I, and associates of mine, have used over the past number of years to build a reputation online and to help me to grow my income week on week.
First of all let’s explore what type of skills can be used to work remotely. If you can do any of the items on the list below, then there’s a good chance that you will get work on one of the sites I am about to mention:
- Paid to Survey like CashCrate
- CPA offers
- Admin of any sort
- Database administration
- Technical writing
- Marketing expertise
- Social media marketing
- Computer programming
- Website design and development
- Apps development – particularly for android
- Customer Service
- Networking and information systems
- Software development
- Design & Multimedia
Now that you have established what you have to offer, check out these sites:
- www.SEOclerk.com – one of my personal favourites, secure and guaranteed payment for hourly jobs.
- www.elance.com – a busy portal, offers escrow payment options which are great for ensuring payment on fixed price jobs.
- www.peopleperhour.com – most jobs posted on this are for the UK and US markets, great choice of projects to bid on.
- www.scriptlance.com – top site for programmers looking for remote work.
- www.getafreelancer.com – another global marketplace, plenty of projects to chose from, regardless of your level of expertise.
- www.rentacoder.com – does exactly what it says on the tin!
- freelancer.com – not a site I have used a great deal, but I have heard some great reports from colleagues and friends who recommend it.
- www.freelancefree.com – Claims to be totally free, no withdrawal fees for freelancers and no fees to hire.
- www.project4hire.com – You can post a project free of charge, easy sign up process for freelancers.
- www.ifreelance.com – A small community, but worth checking out for unique opportunities.
So there you have it, a list of ten online marketplaces that give you the freedom to work from home. No more get rich quick schemes, just good old fashioned hard work.
Be aware, that when you are looking for online or remote work, you need to protect yourself. Always check the hiring managers background and ensure you don’t do free samples or free work.
Best of luck with the search and I hope this will be a good resource for those who need it.